Day 1 Training…

So, this past Tuesday I had my first day of training for my new SMART board.  It was extremely overwhelming, but at the same time, very motivating.  I had no idea all the wonderful resources that were already out there to support educating our students. 

I had since done some searching of the pre-made applications and lessons.  I created the balloon popping attendance list for my students the next day and they were so pumped.  I also used the group generator and it was the first time that I not only did not receive any grumblings about the groups, but there was a general excitement about working with the person that the SMART board assigned for them!!!

Next Tuesday, I am going to try my first curriculum based lesson.  It is a math lesson based on greater than, less than and equal to.  I am hoping that the excitement for the technology will transfer to excitement for the math.  Also, today we had a speaker at our Institute (Dr. Anthony Mohamed) who talked about losing the boys about grade 4 because of the loss of Kinesis in our lessons.  Hopefully this will activate the motivation in all students who need to move to learn…

More to follow!

2 thoughts on “Day 1 Training…

1. Congratulations on your dedication to utilizing your SMARTBoard skills so quickly in your classroom Jamie!! You are making excellent connections between the technology and curriculum! Thanks for sharing your connections this past week!